How to generate accessible PDFs from InDesign without a big time effort?
axaio workshop day, May 16, 2018 in Berlin
“The requirement for public institutions and authorities to make printed and online information available as accessible documents is not only of great importance, but also prescribed by legal regulations. In our workshop ‘Accessibility for design-heavy publications – with InDesign & MadeToTag’, participants will learn how accessible PDF documents can be created directly from the layout in Adobe InDesign without a big time effort.“
Karina Zander, Manager Marketing & Sales at axaio software.
At the beginning of the workshop, the participants will learn what an accessible PDF is all about and what the requirements are for such documents. Using this knowledge and best practice examples, strategies for efficiently creating PDF/UA-compliant documents and forms with Adobe InDesign and axaio MadeToTag will be presented. In addition, solutions for classic problems will be shown.
In the German hands-on workshop, which takes place from 9.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Hotel Steglitz International in Berlin, you will learn how to create accessible PDF documents from Adobe InDesign.
- Basics of accessible documents
- Strategies and targeted procedures for the implementation of accessible document production
- Capabilities and limitations of Adobe InDesign
- Finding solutions for problems in daily work
- Reliably prepare documents for output
- Master difficult content: tables, footnotes, tables of contents and inadequately prepared documents
- Strategies for creating and maintaining accessible PDF forms
- Verification of accessible PDFs for compliance with the PDF/UA standard
- Own computer with at least Adobe InDesign CS6
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Standard fee: € 89 (plus VAT) per participant
- Fee for students and employees of non-profit organisations: € 49 (plus VAT) per participant
If you have any further questions, please contact Karina Zander: firstname.lastname@example.org