Audit-compliant archiving at KIBAG Dienstleistungen AG with the 3-Heights™ Scan to PDF Server by PDF Tools AG
Thanks to the signature and validation service and the integration of the 3-Heights™ Scan to PDF Server, KIBAG completely replaced its manual document processing procedure with an audit-compliant electronic archiving system.
Although developing a digital long-term archive has become essential in large companies, it also benefits small and medium-sized businesses by cutting their costs and keep archiving processes lean and efficient.
A well-designed scanning process can help remove the need for inconvenient paper from the earliest stage in the chain (i.e. incoming mail). At the same time, the validity of the electronic documents is ensured through digital signatures. With a central scan service, businesses can implement a powerful, flexible and future-proof archiving process.
KIBAG Dienstleistungen AG had been scanning creditor invoices directly into ABACUS since 2014. The invoices were scanned in batches and archived in paper form as well. This practice required archive space and work resources. The aim of Project Paperless was to facilitate the audit-compliant archiving of creditor invoices. To achieve this, the individual invoices first had to be separated within a PDF document, with the separated PDFs (invoices) signed individually. PDF Tools AG worked with its partner QuoVadis Trustlink Schweiz AG to find the best solution. Thanks to their efforts, approximately 120,000 documents per year are now electronically archived automatically and manual paper storage has been dispensed with altogether.
What does a central scan server do?
The 3-Heights™ Scan to PDF Server is a central service that converts locally scanned files and associated index files into the standardized PDF/A file format within a company. To this end, the service performs all tasks that can be delegated to it by the local scanning station. The solution is particularly suitable for processing stages that do not require any user interaction or which impair the efficiency of the local scanning station with CPUintensive functions (OCR, compression).
Where can the service be used?
The 3-Heights™ Scan to PDF Server is used for the following purposes:
- Paper capture: Electronic archiving of paper documents received as incoming mail within a company.
- Facsimile capture: Electronic archiving of all fax transactions between the company and its business partners.
- Archive migration: Migration of paper archives to an electronic archive with the standardized PDF/A format.
- Web/mobile capture: Use of the central service in client/server applications via a webservice.
- Enterprise application integration: Use of the central service for PDF/A document creation via a programming interface (API) from specialist applications that create TIFF or JPEG files.
Further Information about the customer case of KIBAG Dienstleistungen AG